Q

Fats

How can I include omega fatty acids in my diet?

• A , Nutrition & Dietetics, answered
    Consider that whole food sources -- plant and animal -- contain an array of omega fatty acids thus they are your best insurance to get all of these nutrients. But what if you don't eat fish, macadamia nuts or what if you are trying to treat one of the symptoms or diseases noted above and want to try omega fatty acid supplementation? One key take-away from this omega story is that rather than picking one or two favorites -- Mother Nature doesn't -- think of your omega consumption like an orchestra -- all the different omegas playing together make the sweetest music. Whether food or supplement, consider making the choice that provides an array of omega fatty acids. After all, a whole food approach to nutrition will help ensure you get omegas 5, 7 and 3, 6, 9 in you for optimal health.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
What is omega-5?