Q

Fats

How does limiting unhealthy fat from my diet affect aging?

• A , Internal Medicine, answered
    Try to  keep your intake of saturated and trans fats (the "aging fats") down, no more than 20 grams of saturated fats per day and no more than 2 grams of trans fats per day (based on consumption of 2,000 calories per day). (You'll need to keep track but don't have to be exact.) Eating more than this amount correlates with arterial aging and cancer, especially breast and prostate cancer. Saturated and trans fats also   sap your energy right away and on a long-term basis. By eating fewer than 20 grams of saturated fats and 2 grams of trans fats a day out of approximately 65 grams of   total fat a day (the rest should be healthy fats), you can make your RealAge (physiologic age) as much as six years younger.
This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.
How much fat should I consume each day?