How can gamma linolenic acid (GLA) help me burn fat?

Gamma linolenic acid (GLA), an omega-6 fatty acid, is found in plant oils like evening primrose and black currant seed. It not only reduces inflammation, but also convinces fat cells to release excess fat. At the cellular level, GLA helps reduce the amount of inflammation in a given fat cell by not allowing it to suck in and store excess fat that creates bloating.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Fats

Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Good and Bad Fats: The Ultimate Guide
Remember when any fat was bad fat? When the only difference between a croissant and a Krispy Kreme was snob appeal? Now that (happily) science has fou...
How does olive oil help to clean out my arteries?
Olive oil contains monounsaturated fats, which help raise your HDL cholesterol-the "healthy" cholest...
What are the side effects of eating saturated fat?
For a real happy meal that's kind to your waist, keep saturated fat low and trans fat close to zero....
What Kind of Visceral Fat In My Body Can Be Harmful?