Should I let my doctor know I am taking fatty acid supplements?

Be sure to tell your doctor that you are taking fatty acid supplements, since certain medications can interact with fatty acids. In addition, some medical conditions may call for higher than normal dosages of fatty acids. Your doctor can help you determine a dose that is right for you. It is especially important that your doctor know about any fatty acids you are taking should you require surgery, as high doses can lead to bleeding.

Continue Learning about Fats

Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Trans Fat Means Trouble for Your Memory
Can’t seem to remember where you set you keys? Constantly forgetting to pick up the dry-cleaning? Well put down the potato chips and step away from th...
What Are the Best Ways to Use Red Palm Oil?
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
Avoid These Bad Fats for a Better Mood
What Foods are Good Sources of Fat?
What Foods are Good Sources of Fat?