Should I let my doctor know I am taking fatty acid supplements?

Be sure to tell your doctor that you are taking fatty acid supplements, since certain medications can interact with fatty acids. In addition, some medical conditions may call for higher than normal dosages of fatty acids. Your doctor can help you determine a dose that is right for you. It is especially important that your doctor know about any fatty acids you are taking should you require surgery, as high doses can lead to bleeding.

Continue Learning about Fats

Fats

At 9 calories per gram, fats can add up quickly in your diet, yet experts recommend that you get only 7% of your calorie intake from fat. Fats also affect your cholesterol, and there are both good and bad fats. The best kind of fa...

ts are called unsaturated fats, and can be found in oils like olive and canola oils, nuts and seeds. These fats can help your body get rid of cholesterol. Saturated fats often have had hydrogen added to them to make them more solid. Other saturated fats are found in cream, butter and meats. They can raise your blood cholesterol. Its wise to learn which is which and check nutrition labels to make proper choices.