Should I let my doctor know I am taking fatty acid supplements?

Be sure to tell your doctor that you are taking fatty acid supplements, since certain medications can interact with fatty acids. In addition, some medical conditions may call for higher than normal dosages of fatty acids. Your doctor can help you determine a dose that is right for you. It is especially important that your doctor know about any fatty acids you are taking should you require surgery, as high doses can lead to bleeding.

Continue Learning about Fats

Don’t Be a Sat-Fathead
Don’t Be a Sat-Fathead
The urban dictionary defines "Fat-Head Syndrome" as someone who acts like a blowhard. But researchers at Louisiana State University Inflammation and N...
What are macronutrients?
ChuiceChuice
Macronutrients are energy-providing chemical substances we consume in large quantities. There are th...
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
The Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your BodyThe Best (and Worst) Fats for Your Body
Protect your heart health—and much more—by choosing the right fatty foods.
What Are the Health Benefits of Red Palm Oil?