Will I lose weight if I eat low-fat foods?

A high fat diet can lead to weight gain but it takes more than just eating low fat foods to lose weight. You must also watch how many calories you eat. Remember, extra calories even from fat free and low fat foods get stored in the body as fat. Many times people replace high fat foods with high calorie foods like sweets and gain weight rather than lose weight. To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you eat. You can achieve this goal by exercising regularly and by eating less fat and calories. Exercise burns calories. The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes of moderate exercise, such as brisk walking, most days. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting an exercise or diet program.
Fat is a dense source of calories, which can add up very quickly. However, many “low fat” foods are not low in calories. Taking in fewer calories than you burn will produce weight loss. Carefully selected low calorie/low fat foods can help. 
Judy Caplan
Eating low fat foods can help you lose weight. Low fat foods can be healthy or unhealthy. Fruits and vegetables are low fat. So are beans, rice, and potatoes. However, too many carbs can derail any weight loss program. Candy and crackers can be low fat but they still contain calories.Low fat foods along with a plant based diet, controlled servings of carbohydrates, and regular exercise is the best way to lose weight.

Continue Learning about Fats and Weight Loss

Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Former San Diego Charger’s lineman Nick Hardwick retired from the National Football League and from his daily 5,000-plus calorie diet that included sa...
How are bad fats and good fats different?
Dole Nutrition InstituteDole Nutrition Institute
The amount and type of fat you ingest makes a significant difference to your health. Good fats of th...
Should I avoid fat in my diet?
Of all the parts of the average diet that we’ve been told to avoid, it’s fats that have gotten b...
What Should I Know Before I Get Vanquish Fat Reduction Treatments?