How can low-fat foods prevent me from losing weight?

Many dieters fill their kitchens with foods branded as “low fat” -- but all too often that label is a diet trap. To improve flavor, manufacturers tend to add more sugar, flour, and thickeners to fat-free products, which boost calorie content. The fats in these foods are replaced with low-performing white carbs that digest quickly and are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. This causes the classic sugar high and crash, followed by a hunger rebound.

Additionally, studies show that people often view a low-fat label as a green light to eat much more than they normally would, unaware that low-fat versions of foods are usually not much lower in calories than the regular versions.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com

Continue Learning about Fats and Weight Loss

Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Former San Diego Charger’s lineman Nick Hardwick retired from the National Football League and from his daily 5,000-plus calorie diet that included sa...
Should I avoid fat in my diet?
Of all the parts of the average diet that we’ve been told to avoid, it’s fats that have gotten b...
Should I avoid fat because I don't want to get fat?
No. Some of your calories, around 25%, should come from healthy fats (nuts, seeds, plants oils a...
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?