Should I avoid fat because I don't want to get fat?

No. Some of your calories, around 25%, should come from healthy fats (nuts, seeds, plants oils and fish). Your body needs these fats to grow and maintain itself, including your brain and heart. Concentrate on getting healthy foods in the right amounts, and not on eliminating a group of foods or nutrients that your body needs.

Continue Learning about Fats and Weight Loss

Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Former San Diego Charger’s lineman Nick Hardwick retired from the National Football League and from his daily 5,000-plus calorie diet that included sa...
What fats and oils should I eat most often?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Most often you should eat: Margarine that is “trans fat free" Monounsaturated oils: peanut, ol...
How much fat can I include in my diet?
Janis Jibrin, MS, RDJanis Jibrin, MS, RD
Fortunately, the bad old days of ultra low fat diets are well behind us, and the healthy range of fa...
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?