Should I avoid fat because I don't want to get fat?

No. Some of your calories, around 25%, should come from healthy fats (nuts, seeds, plants oils and fish). Your body needs these fats to grow and maintain itself, including your brain and heart. Concentrate on getting healthy foods in the right amounts, and not on eliminating a group of foods or nutrients that your body needs.

Continue Learning about Fats and Weight Loss

Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Lose Weight by Adding the Right Fat
Former San Diego Charger’s lineman Nick Hardwick retired from the National Football League and from his daily 5,000-plus calorie diet that included sa...
Which fats are bad fats?
Dr. Mark Hyman, MDDr. Mark Hyman, MD
Most of us are eating bad fats, namely refined oils and trans fats. Most American calories from fat ...
How can eating some fat before a meal help me lose weight?
The slower you digest food, the slower your stomach empties and the fuller you'll feel. Although eat...
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?
Why Is Healthy Digestion Important?