What should be my daily total fat intake?

Keep total fat intake between 20% to 35% of calories, with most fats coming from sources of polyunsaturated and mono-unsaturated fatty acids such as fish, nuts, and vegetable oils. Consume less than 10% of calories from saturated fatty acids and less than 300 milligrams per day of cholesterol, and keep trans fatty acid consumption as low as possible.

Weight Watchers offers a comprehensive approach to weight loss that can help you reach your goals.
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Preventive Medicine
Research indicates consuming approximately 25% of total calories as fat, distributed between polyunsaturates and monounsaturates. The total amount of trans fat and saturated fat should comprise less than 5% of total calories.

Continue Learning about Fat Content Of Foods

Low-Fat Won’t Help You Shed Fat
Low-Fat Won’t Help You Shed Fat
If your food is marketed as low-fat, low-sugar or low-sodium to help improve your nutrition or lose weight, you might want to reconsider your grocery ...
Are all oils fat?
All oils are very closely related to fats. Although the terms fat and oil are often used interch...
Why should I avoid trans fats?
Eric OlsenEric Olsen
Trans fat or trans-fatty acid is a type of fat that, research reveals, is a dangerous substance prod...
Obesity and the Decline of Healthy Eating