Weight loss benefits associated with fasting can occur through total fasting, but are most effective when they occur through semi-starvation or partial fasting. This second type of fasting involves an individual engaging in shorter periods of fasting about once a week or once a month. Partial fasting allows you to experience some of the benefits of fasting without engaging in the stress of total fasting. Total fasting is usually not recommended, even for cases of morbid obesity.
- Q How is metabolic therapy related to fasting?
- Q How is detoxification related to fasting?
- Q How do I perform fasting?
- Q What can I eat or drink when fasting for a health test?
- Q How does fasting produce intestinal starvation?
- Q How can I make fasting easier for myself?