What is the difference between partial and total fasting?

Weight loss benefits associated with fasting can occur through total fasting, but are most effective when they occur through semi-starvation or partial fasting. This second type of fasting involves an individual engaging in shorter periods of fasting about once a week or once a month. Partial fasting allows you to experience some of the benefits of fasting without engaging in the stress of total fasting. Total fasting is usually not recommended, even for cases of morbid obesity.

Continue Learning about Fasting

How do I manage my fasting on a daily basis?
Any kind of fasting regimen should be monitored by a doctor since serious complications can arise. W...
Does fasting affect children differently than adults?
Usually, fasting is not recommended for children. Children are more vulnerable when fasting beca...
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
Is intermittent fasting right for you?
Why Should I Listen to My Body When Doing Intermittent Fasting (IF)?