What are the symptoms of fasting?

The chief symptom of fasting is hunger. Individuals fasting may feel hungry, slightly light-headed, or irritable. Additionally, individuals who are fasting may feel very sleepy and sluggish from the lack of energy and nutrients usually derived from food. After two to four days the feelings of hunger usually pass, but you may still feel tired and light-headed. Any weight loss fasting regimen should be closely monitored by a doctor, if undertaken at all.

Continue Learning about Fasting

Does fasting affect children differently than adults?
Usually, fasting is not recommended for children. Children are more vulnerable when fasting beca...
How does fasting produce intestinal starvation?
Intestinal starvation is a condition that can occur as a result of fasting. Because the gastrointest...
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
Is intermittent fasting right for you?
Why Should I Listen to My Body When Doing Intermittent Fasting (IF)?