How is metabolic therapy related to fasting?

Metabolic therapy refers to the belief that the body is filled with harmful toxins that can be cleansed through fasting and detoxification. This method asserts that without the preoccupation of digesting food, the body can rid itself of toxins and excess material. This belief also says, erroneously, that fasting can help you to starve a tumor. This belief is under scrutiny in the medical community, so it is wise to talk to a doctor about any changes you plan to make in your diet.

Continue Learning about Fasting

Why doesn't fasting lead to weight loss?
Fasting can lead to weight loss, but the pounds you shed by going without food will likely retur...
How can I make fasting easier for myself?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
One thing that helps is to schedule your fast while your kitchen is under construction so that any t...
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
Is intermittent fasting right for you?
What Is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?
What Is Intermittent Fasting (IF)?