How common is fasting?

Fasting is a very common spiritual practice for many different belief systems and religions. However, it is not a very common weight loss method. In fact, many doctors do not recommend fasting for weight loss, except in exceptional or extreme cases.

Continue Learning about Fasting

How is metabolic therapy related to fasting?
Metabolic therapy refers to the belief that the body is filled with harmful toxins that can be clean...
How does fasting produce intestinal starvation?
Intestinal starvation is a condition that can occur as a result of fasting. Because the gastrointest...
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
The Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent FastingThe Do's and Dont's of Intermittent Fasting
Is intermittent fasting right for you?
Why Should I Listen to My Body When Doing Intermittent Fasting (IF)?