What is the rate of incidence for fasciculation?

Muscle fasciculation can be quite common and often goes unnoticed. It can occur because of everyday conditions such as stress, poor diet, exercise, or caffeine consumption. However, the more serious disorders that fasciculation can indicate are less common. For example, only about 4 out of 100,000 people are currently diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, and 5 out of 100,000 with Lou Gehrig's disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

Should I talk to my doctor about my fasciculation symptoms?
You should speak to your doctor about your fasciculation symptoms if they continue for an extended p...
What is the link between fasciculation and spinal muscular atrophy?
Fasciculation in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) occurs mainly in the tongue muscle. There are several...
Can fasciculation be prevented?
Fasciculation can be difficult to prevent, as it can occur because of factors out of your control. F...
What are the treatment options for fasciculation?
In cases of benign (or harmless) fasciculation, there is no real treatment other than allowing it to...