What is the rate of incidence for fasciculation?

Muscle fasciculation can be quite common and often goes unnoticed. It can occur because of everyday conditions such as stress, poor diet, exercise, or caffeine consumption. However, the more serious disorders that fasciculation can indicate are less common. For example, only about 4 out of 100,000 people are currently diagnosed with spinal muscular atrophy, and 5 out of 100,000 with Lou Gehrig's disease (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis).

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

What is the link between fasciculation and spinal muscular atrophy?
Fasciculation in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) occurs mainly in the tongue muscle. There are several...
How can I tell if my fasciculation is benign?
Benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS) is the generalized term to describe muscle twitching when it doe...
What causes fasciculation?
Fasciculation (slight tremor) can be caused by harmless conditions but may also indicate neurologica...
What causes twitching?
Twitching is caused by involuntary reflexes of the muscles. Learn more about twitching in this v...