What increases my risk for fasciculation?

A deficiency in your diet, intense exercise, stress, or too much caffeine can increase your risk of fasciculation. Certain drugs, such as diuretics, corticosteroids or estrogens may have also cause muscle twitching as a side effect. Because the most common causes of muscle twitching are stress or strenuous exercise, you may experience occasional muscle fasciculation if you are an athlete. Damage to the muscle's nerve may be the cause. Also, you will probably experience fasciculation if you have been diagnosed with Lou Gherig's disease, any form of muscular dystrophy, or spinal muscular atrophy.

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

How can I tell if my fasciculation is benign?
Benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS) is the generalized term to describe muscle twitching when it doe...
How is fasciculation diagnosed?
The cause of muscular fasciculation is diagnosed in several different ways depending on what the phy...
What are the symptoms of fasciculation?
Symptoms of fasciculation include muscle twitching or gentle grooves on the skin that are hardly not...
What is the rate of incidence for fasciculation?
Muscle fasciculation can be quite common and often goes unnoticed. It can occur because of everyday ...