Should I talk to my doctor about my fasciculation symptoms?

You should speak to your doctor about your fasciculation symptoms if they continue for an extended period of time without getting any better. Generally, if the cause is benign, symptoms will disappear within a few days. However, muscle twitching that occurs for extended periods of time may be a sign of something more serious, such as Lou Gherig's disease. You should consult a health care provider if you continue to experience muscle twitching.

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

What is the link between fasciculation and spinal muscular atrophy?
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
Fasciculation in spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) occurs mainly in the tongue muscle. There are several...
More Answers
How is fasciculation diagnosed?
Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)Honor Society of Nursing (STTI)
The cause of muscular fasciculation is diagnosed in several different ways depending on what the phy...
More Answers
Are there alternative treatments for fasciculation?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Fasiculations are a spontaneous, involuntary twitch of a muscle which can be seen and/or felt. Usual...
More Answers
What are the treatment options for fasciculation?
Darshan N. Shah, MDDarshan N. Shah, MD
Fasciculation is a medical term for muscle twitching and treatment is based on the its cause.  The m...
More Answers

Important: This content reflects information from various individuals and organizations and may offer alternative or opposing points of view. It should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always, you should consult with your healthcare provider about your specific health needs.