Should I talk to my doctor about my fasciculation symptoms?

You should speak to your doctor about your fasciculation symptoms if they continue for an extended period of time without getting any better. Generally, if the cause is benign, symptoms will disappear within a few days. However, muscle twitching that occurs for extended periods of time may be a sign of something more serious, such as Lou Gherig's disease. You should consult a health care provider if you continue to experience muscle twitching.

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

What is fasciculation?
Fasciculation, or muscle twitching, is an involuntary movement of your muscles in a specific area of...
How does fasciculation affect the body?
Fasciculation causes specific areas of muscle - most commonly the eyelids, calf muscle, or thumb - t...
Can fasciculation be prevented?
Fasciculation can be difficult to prevent, as it can occur because of factors out of your control. F...
Are there alternative treatments for fasciculation?
Because the benign forms of fasciculation can easily be treated, there are a handful of ways to prev...