How does fasciculation affect the body?

Fasciculation causes specific areas of muscle - most commonly the eyelids, calf muscle, or thumb - to move involuntarily. In cases when muscle twitching is a symptom of a severe disorder, muscle mass can start to diminish. Sometimes severe weakness or a loss of sensation in the muscles may occur.

Continue Learning about Fasciculation (Muscle Twitch)

What increases my risk for fasciculation?
A deficiency in your diet, intense exercise, stress, or too much caffeine can increase your risk of ...
What causes twitching?
Twitching is caused by involuntary reflexes of the muscles. Learn more about twitching in this v...
Should I talk to my doctor about my fasciculation symptoms?
You should speak to your doctor about your fasciculation symptoms if they continue for an extended p...
What is fasciculation?
Fasciculation, or muscle twitching, is an involuntary movement of your muscles in a specific area of...