Can someone be genetically predisposed to divorce?

Scientific studies have shown that as much as 40 percent of divorces are caused by genetic factors that affect personality and behavior. The relationship between personality and divorce is clear: Extroversion is related to risk of divorce, particularly in men. Neuroticism also elevates risk of divorce for both men and women.

You: Being Beautiful - The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty

Most people think that beauty revolves around such things as lipstick, sweet eyes, or skinny jeans -- all those things that we can see (and obsess over) in the mirror. But the fact is that beauty...

Continue Learning about Family Challenges & Problems

How can my family be restructured after I come out of drug rehab?
Very often family members' roles need to be restructured when someone comes out of a drug rehab prog...
How can I monitor my family's plugged-in habits?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Over the next few days do an informal reality check of your family. Note the extent each family ...
How can I reduce technological distractions during family time?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Don't let technology replace you! Watch for key times when you want your family to focus in on e...
How can power dynamics within the family affect family members?
Erik FisherErik Fisher
The underlying issue that drives all conflicts is power in the way we are taught to look at powe...