Is fallopian tube cancer serious?

Fallopian tube cancer is a serious illness, although the survival rate and success of treatment depends greatly on the stage at diagnosis. The overall survival rate is between 30 and 50 percent, although when caught early nearly 100 percent of women live for at least five more years. This success rate drops steadily as time passes. If you are diagnosed with this illness, it is important to follow up with your doctor so that you can seek medical treatment.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

What is the rate of incidence of fallopian tube cancer?
Fallopian tube cancer is the least common of gynecological cancers, which include cervical cancer, u...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
Is fallopian tube cancer a common gynecological cancer?
Ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer are all gynecological can...
What is fallopian tube cancer?
n a woman, the fallopian tubes are a pair of thin cylinders that allow for the travel of the ova, or...