Is there a cure for fallopian tube cancer?

The treatment of fallopian tube cancer is much more likely to be successful if it is diagnosed and treated at an early stage. Nearly 100 percent of people diagnosed while in stage I survive for at least another five years. This number drops to 75 percent for those with stage II disease, 69 percent for those with stage III, and 45 percent for those with stage IV. Thus, this cancer is not curable in 100 percent of cases, but it is highly treatable and it helps significantly to catch it early. Treatment usually involves chemotherapy and surgery but may include radiation.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

Are there different types of fallopian tube cancer?
There are a few different types of fallopian tube cancer. These are defined by the histology, or the...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
What are the stages of fallopian cancer?
Stage 0 fallopian cancer, referred to as carcinoma in situ, which means that the tumor has not sprea...
What is the rate of incidence of fallopian tube cancer?
Fallopian tube cancer is the least common of gynecological cancers, which include cervical cancer, u...