If my CA-125 level is high, does this mean I have fallopian tube cancer?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

While elevated CA-125 can be indicative of fallopian tube cancer, this may also be elevated in women who are menstruating or pregnant. Ovarian cancer, endometriosis, and pelvic inflammatory disease may also cause an increase in this marker. It is important to discuss test results with your doctor in order to more fully understand what certain blood levels or numerical values mean to you.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

What is fallopian tube cancer?
n a woman, the fallopian tubes are a pair of thin cylinders that allow for the travel of the ova, or...
What is the difference between ovarian and fallopian tube cancers?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
The current thinking is that ovarian and fallopian tube cancers may be two different cancers bio...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
What are the stages of fallopian cancer?
Stage 0 fallopian cancer, referred to as carcinoma in situ, which means that the tumor has not sprea...