If I have fallopian tube cancer, will I be able to have children?

This is a question you should discuss with your doctor, as treatment options for this condition may take into account your personal situation, including age, medical history, stage at diagnosis, and desire to have children. However, if you are diagnosed with fallopian tube cancer, you may need to have a total abdominal hysterectomy followed by chemotherapy. A total abdominal hysterectomy will prevent you from having children. Again, this is an important issue to discuss with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

What is fallopian tube cancer?
n a woman, the fallopian tubes are a pair of thin cylinders that allow for the travel of the ova, or...
Is fallopian tube cancer a common gynecological cancer?
Ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer are all gynecological can...
What is the rate of incidence of fallopian tube cancer?
Fallopian tube cancer is the least common of gynecological cancers, which include cervical cancer, u...
What is the difference between ovarian and fallopian tube cancers?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
The current thinking is that ovarian and fallopian tube cancers may be two different cancers bio...