How do medications treat fallopian tube cancer?

Chemotherapy is made up of a variety of medicinal substances that kill cancer cells. Cancer cells often grow and divide more quickly than normal cells, so chemotherapeutic agents are usually targeted at fast growing cell populations, killing them alone. This is why people often lose hair or skin cells while undergoing chemotherapy; hair and skin are made up of some of the fastest-growing cells in the body, so the chemotherapy drugs tend to target them, too.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

Is fallopian tube cancer a common gynecological cancer?
Ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer are all gynecological can...
Is fallopian tube cancer serious?
Fallopian tube cancer is a serious illness, although the survival rate and success of treatment depe...
What is fallopian tube cancer?
n a woman, the fallopian tubes are a pair of thin cylinders that allow for the travel of the ova, or...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...