How do I manage the hair loss from my fallopian cancer treatment?

Fallopian tube cancer is usually treated with a combination of surgery and chemotherapy. The combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin, two chemotherapy agents, that is used does lead to hair loss, usually beginning within four weeks of the start of treatment. This troubling side effect is unfortunately not preventable, although you can prepare by cutting hair that is long, and by meeting with a wig stylist. If you do not wish to wear a wig, you can try out a turban, scarf, or hat. Usually, hair loss is temporary, and you may have significant re-growth within five months of the end of treatment.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

What are the stages of fallopian cancer?
Stage 0 fallopian cancer, referred to as carcinoma in situ, which means that the tumor has not sprea...
Are there different types of fallopian tube cancer?
There are a few different types of fallopian tube cancer. These are defined by the histology, or the...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
What is the difference between ovarian and fallopian tube cancers?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
The current thinking is that ovarian and fallopian tube cancers may be two different cancers bio...