How do I manage the hair loss from my fallopian cancer treatment?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Fallopian tube cancer is usually treated with a combination of surgery and chemotherapy. The combination of paclitaxel and carboplatin, two chemotherapy agents, that is used does lead to hair loss, usually beginning within four weeks of the start of treatment. This troubling side effect is unfortunately not preventable, although you can prepare by cutting hair that is long, and by meeting with a wig stylist. If you do not wish to wear a wig, you can try out a turban, scarf, or hat. Usually, hair loss is temporary, and you may have significant re-growth within five months of the end of treatment.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer