How does fallopian tube cancer affect the body?

Fallopian tube cancer is the irregular growth of cells within one or both of the fallopian tubes. The flow of fluid may get blocked, causing pain when the fallopian tubes become bloated. In the syndrome hydrops tubae profluens, which consists of pelvic mass, pelvic pain, and abundant vaginal discharge, the disappearance of the mass is associated with resolution of the pelvic pain. Fallopian tube cancer can also lead to vaginal bleeding and a bloating sensation.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

Are there different types of fallopian tube cancer?
There are a few different types of fallopian tube cancer. These are defined by the histology, or the...
What is the rate of incidence of fallopian tube cancer?
Fallopian tube cancer is the least common of gynecological cancers, which include cervical cancer, u...
What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
Is fallopian tube cancer serious?
Fallopian tube cancer is a serious illness, although the survival rate and success of treatment depe...