Are there alternative treatments for fallopian tube cancer?

Complementary and alternative medicine, often abbreviated CAM, may be used in the treatment of illnesses such as fallopian tube cancer. These therapies, which are generally not taught in medical school or used widely in hospitals, include herbs, vitamins, meditation, acupuncture, massage, prayer, and body-mind therapy. While these treatments are often not harmful, it is important to discuss any oral supplements that you may be taking with your doctor. Some of these remedies may cause side effects or they may interact with other medications you are taking. Also, while these therapies may be helpful, they should be used as adjuncts to, as opposed to replacements for, traditional therapy.

Continue Learning about Fallopian Tube Cancer

What should I do if my CA-125 level increases?
Jean A. Hurteau, MDJean A. Hurteau, MD
A rising CA-125 can be the first sign of relapse in patients with ovarian cancer.  A European st...
Is fallopian tube cancer a common gynecological cancer?
Ovarian cancer, fallopian tube cancer, uterine cancer, and cervical cancer are all gynecological can...
Are there different types of fallopian tube cancer?
There are a few different types of fallopian tube cancer. These are defined by the histology, or the...
What is fallopian tube cancer?
n a woman, the fallopian tubes are a pair of thin cylinders that allow for the travel of the ova, or...