Who is a good candidate for a mid-facelift?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

The best candidates for the mid-facelift are patients with descent of the cheek regions, prominent nasolabial folds, and drooping corners of the mouth. The mid-facelift procedure will normally redirect the cheek upward and outward. The fat, muscle and skin will be pulled reducing the tired look. The surgical approach include the temporal hairline incision and under the eyelid. Remember, that the recovery can be quite lengthy, well over 2-3 months. 

Strong candidates for a mid-facelift are in good health and have realistic expectations. Learn more about who should -- and possibly shouldn't -- have a mid-facelift by watching this video featuring cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Robert Grant.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How effective is a face-lift (rhytidectomy)?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Facelifts are very effective in reducing both the midface and lower face skin laxity. The convention...
What should I know if I'm considering a facelift?
Anthony S. Youn, MDAnthony S. Youn, MD
Like any surgery, a facelift leaves scars. In this video, plastic surgeon Anthony Youn, MD, disc...
Who is a good candidate for facelift surgery?
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?