What should I know about thread lifts?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery

A thread lift is a less invasive surgical procedure for lifting the face and neck. The surgeon will use both a needle and barb into the facial tissues to tighten the skin and tissue beneath. No incisions or stitches are required. There are presently 2 types of thread lifts performed in the United States. Contour thread lifts are unidirectional and fixed while the Aptos threadlift are bidirectional. The Contour Thread is made of clear polypropylene with barbs that allow tightening and support of the underlying tissue. Either closed technique or combination approach can be used to hook the barbs and suspend the tissue. Patients may undergo procedure under either local anesthesia or intravenous sedation.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How expensive is an ultrasound face-lift procedure?
Arthur W. Perry, MDArthur W. Perry, MD
Ulthera ultrasound face lift procedures won't be cheap; a procedure will cost a few thousand dollars...
Who is a good candidate for facelift surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Good facelift candidates are healthy men and women with skin laxity from the jowls, neck and and pro...
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?