What is a facelift able to fix?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
A facelift (rhytidectomy) is useful for improving the middle and lower facial regions. In general, the jowls, the jawline, and the prominent nasolabial folds are addressed. An incision is made along the preauricular (front of the ear) region and extended behind the ear along the posterior hairline. Skin is undermined and elevated to the level of the nasolabial folds (deep groove from the nose to the outer mouth area). The neck is dissected at the same time with the platysmal muscles plicated in the midline. 

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

What can I expect in terms of recovery time from a neck lift?
Sarmela Sunder, MDSarmela Sunder, MD
While it can take anywhere from 2-4 weeks to recover from a neck lift, most people find that they ar...
Who is a good candidate for facelift surgery?
Robert T. Grant, MDRobert T. Grant, MD
People who take care of their skin and are in good overall health typically are the best candida...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?
What is a mid-facelift?
What is a mid-facelift?