Are there a variety of facelift techniques?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
There are a wide range of facelift techniques. The simplest is a liquid facelift with dermal fillers used to enhance and increase volume to fat atrophic areas. A mini-lift is the most conservative dissection both in front of and behind the ear and neck regions. A rhytidectomy (facelift) can dissect more aggressively to the nasolabial folds. A SMAS lift or superficial musculoaponeurotic system lift elevates a second layer deeply and repositions the tissue above the parotid gland. The most invasive lift is the subperiosteal midface lift that usually involves up  to 3 months of swelling and healing.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How much scarring is there after a facelift?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The customary facelift is associated with scarring from the preauricular area (in front of the ears)...
Are facelifts the best treatment of sagging necks and forehead wrinkles?
A facelift or rhytidectomy is most useful for facial jowls, midface laxity and reduction of the naso...
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?