Are there a variety of facelift techniques?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
There are a wide range of facelift techniques. The simplest is a liquid facelift with dermal fillers used to enhance and increase volume to fat atrophic areas. A mini-lift is the most conservative dissection both in front of and behind the ear and neck regions. A rhytidectomy (facelift) can dissect more aggressively to the nasolabial folds. A SMAS lift or superficial musculoaponeurotic system lift elevates a second layer deeply and repositions the tissue above the parotid gland. The most invasive lift is the subperiosteal midface lift that usually involves up  to 3 months of swelling and healing.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

What can I expect in terms of recovery time from facelift surgery?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Your recovery times depends on the extent of the facelift performed. For minimally invasive surgerie...
What are the different types of facelift surgeries available?
Facelift techniques depend on the extent and level of dissection of the facial tissue. Most simple i...
What Are the Different Facelift Techniques?
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?