How long would I have to be off work if I decide to go for facelift?

Sarmela Sunder, MD
Facial Plastic Surgery (ENT)
The amount of time you need for recovery depends on the extent of the face lift. In general, most people take anywhere from one to two weeks off from work so that there is adequate time for the noticeable swelling and bruising to subside. Most patients feel that their energy level is back to normal within the first few days, but feel that they don't look "presentable" for 1-2 weeks. In addition, depending on the type of facelift, there may be some sutures that are not removed until 10 days after surgery.
Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
The time off work depends on the type of facelift you have performed. For less invasive mini-lifts 5-7 days is standard. For more extensive facelifts (SMAS, mid-face lifts, Deep plane, and Subperiosteal lifts) up to three weeks downtime may be required. Consult with your Board-certified Plastic Surgeon.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift