How can I prepare for my facelift surgery?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
First, find a qualified board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in facelifts. Review hundreds if not thousands of the doctors photographs of their work. Bring your checklist of questions with you during your consultation. Make sure to stay off blood thinner for at least 2 weeks prior to surgery, review consent forms in detail, check results of history, physical and laboratories prior to the surgery. Get the name of the anesthesiologist in advance and speak to him or her prior to the surgery about type of anesthesia being performed and any past problems.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How effective is the lunchtime facelift?
Salvatore Pacella, MDSalvatore Pacella, MD
Technically called the thread lift, the “lunchtime facelift” uses threads (sutures) to lift differen...
How long does it take to recover from a neck lift?
Stephen HandisidesStephen Handisides
You will usually be sent home with a bandage around your neck and head, which can usually be removed...
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?
What Are the Risks Involved With a Facelift?