How is a neck lift performed?

Stuart A. Linder, MD
Plastic Surgery
A neck lift is performed by removing skin behind the auricle and posterior hairline after extensive dissection. A second incision is made under the chin (submental approach) where the fatty tissue under the chin and central neck can be sculpted and the muscles (platysmal) can be plicated into the midline in a corset fashion. 
Tara Whitworth
Nursing
A neck lift is a surgical procedure done under general anesthesia. It involves making an incision at ears and lifting the skin of the lower face and neck. The excess skin is then removed and the incision is closed with stitches.

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

What is a facelift able to fix?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
A facelift (rhytidectomy) is useful for improving the middle and lower facial regions. In general, t...
Will prior sun damage affect my facelift?
Sarmela Sunder, MDSarmela Sunder, MD
Prior sun exposure and sun damage affects the quality of skin. Because of this, sun-damaged skin is ...
What is a mid-facelift?
What is a mid-facelift?
How Can I Look Younger Without a Facelift?