How should I choose a face-lift surgeon?

Arthur W. Perry, MD
Plastic Surgery
In a poll of members by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, over 40% of plastic surgeons performed a two-layered face-lift and lifted the jowls by folding the superficial musculo aponeurotic system (SMAS) tissue onto itself. (The SMAS, or superficial musculo aponeurotic system, is a collection of muscles and fibrous tissue stretching from the forehead to the neck.) Nearly 30% cut and lifted the SMAS, 20% lifted the various muscle layers with a deep-plane lift, and the rest lifted only the skin or lifted all the way to the bone (subperiosteal). Confusing? You bet. There are a lot of different ways to do things in plastic surgery. Patients should not choose a surgeon based on the procedure he performs. They should choose a surgeon based on his credentials and his results.
Straight Talk about Cosmetic Surgery (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)

The public’s recent exuberance toward cosmetic surgery has spurred an unprecedented demand for appearance-changing procedures. But how can an average consumer discern the hype from solid truth? ...

Continue Learning about Facelift Or Necklift

How Effective Are Noninvasive Face-Lifts?
What Should I Know If I'm Considering a Facelift?
What Are the Risks Involved With a Facelift?
What is a mid-facelift?
What is a mid-facelift?