Why might I have a gas bubble placed into my eye during surgery?

During surgery for macular pucker, there can be many reasons that a gas bubble may be placed into your eye, and you may be required to position face-down for a certain number of days. It is not unusual for this to be the case.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Light the Way for Your Eyes
Light the Way for Your Eyes
Don’t rely on your good eyesight in the dark -- especially if you’re getting older. By the time you hit late middle age, your retina needs more light ...
What is photophobia?
Photophobia is sensitivity to light, which may cause eye pain or discomfort. It can make it hard for...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
What Is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?