There are multiple possible reasons for red eye. Possible causes include, but are not limited to: infection, allergy, irritation, bacterial hypersensitivity, eyelid disorders, inflammatory problems, contact lens problems, dryness and even tumors. Your best bet is to schedule an appointment with your local ophthalmologist/EyeMD.
- Q What are the three different types of tears found in our eyes?
- Q What is the tear film?
- Q Is it normal to have white mucus in my eyes?
- Q What causes my baby to wake up with crusted eyelids?
- Q What causes excessive tearing?
- Q How do the eyes work together?