There are multiple possible reasons for red eye. Possible causes include, but are not limited to: infection, allergy, irritation, bacterial hypersensitivity, eyelid disorders, inflammatory problems, contact lens problems, dryness and even tumors. Your best bet is to schedule an appointment with your local ophthalmologist/EyeMD.
- Q Why does air come out of a tear duct when I blow my nose?
- Q How do eyes adjust to light?
- Q What does it mean if my eyes blink and shut uncontrollably?
- Q What causes my baby to wake up with crusted eyelids?
- Q Do women blink their eyes more often than men?
- Q How do tears drain from the eye?