Who is at greater risk for complications after Lasik surgery?

In some patients, if they had a preexisting condition that was not identified, they may develop postoperative complications. In other patients who have worn their contact lenses for many years, they may be at a greater risk for needing a fine-tuning. Patients with preexisting dry eyes are at greater risk for postoperative dry eyes.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Outdoor Activities May Up Your Risk for Vision Problems
From exercising outside for your physical health to getting a breath of fresh air for your mental health, you’ve heard all the benefits of the outdoor...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
Do genetics Play a Role in Eye Diseases Like Glaucoma?