When should a posterior capsulotomy be performed?

If your vision becomes worse after cataract surgery, it is important to consult your ophthalmologist (Eye M.D.). If a cloudy or wrinkled capsule is discovered, a posterior capsulotomy may be recommended when you are not able to see well enough to do the things you like or need to do.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Relief for Eye Allergies
Relief for Eye Allergies
When the highly allergic Snot Rod, a mischievous street racer in Cars, sneezes, he shoots nitro fire from his headers. But if you’re susceptible to sp...
What should I do if an object has penetrated my eye?
If an object has penetrated your eye, seek medical attention promptly. A penetrating injury to the e...
7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
Make your day-to-day living easier with these home and lifestyle tips.
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care