When should I call my doctor if I have retinal detachment?

Your retina is a thin layer of tissue that sends messages to your brain, and it is crtical for good vision. If it tears or moves out of place, the condition is called a detached retina or retinal detachment. This is a medical emergency that needs treatment right away to save your vision. Call your doctor if you have any of these warning signs:
  • Seeing floaters (small spots or spider webs that float across your line of sight)
  • Seeing flashes of light
  • Feeling as if a curtain has been pulled in front of your eye

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Worst Case Scenario: I Slept in My Contact Lenses
It’s hard enough to brush your teeth, floss and wash your face before plopping under the covers. But if you’re one of the 41 million people in the US ...
What are the symptoms of an eye infection caused by contact lenses?
Symptoms of an eye infection caused by contact lenses include the following: eyes are irritated o...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
What Is Diabetic Eye Disease?
What Is Diabetic Eye Disease?