What is vitreous humor?

The vitreous is thick, clear, gel-like fluid that fills up most of the interior spaces of your eyeballs. It also has very fine fibers that are interspersed throughout and connect to the retina. When these fibers come loose, it results in floaters.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Are Your Contact Lenses Swimming in Bacteria?
Contact lenses are so popular, even grade-school children with fuzzy vision are skipping the specs and choosing contacts. The trend makes it easy to f...
6 Surprising Eye Health Myths
6 Surprising Eye Health Myths
Parents ever tell you that eating carrots would save you from wearing glasses? Or that sitting too close to the TV could make you go blind? Their advi...
What does it mean if my eyes are frequently red and inflamed?
Inflamed eyes could be a sign of arthritis -- the painful inflammation and stiffening of joints. The...
How do I manage my viral eye infections on a daily basis?
Managing a viral eye infection is often simply a case of staying home and limiting contact with othe...