What is the treatment for a retinal-vein occlusion (RVO)?

Unfortunately, there is no known cure for retinal-vein occlusion, although in some cases intraocular injections, laser surgery, or an operation may be used to reduce the macular edema and stabilize or improve your vision. In severe CRVO, laser surgery is used to prevent or treat the abnormal blood-vessel growth that can lead to glaucoma or bleeding. In some cases, an operation may be necessary. You may be able to prevent RVO from occurring again by properly managing any health conditions that contribute to the problem such as diabetes, glaucoma, or high blood pressure.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Trouble with Fine Print? The Facts on Presbyopia
Do you find that you have to hold things farther away from your eyes to see them clearly? The problem you're having may be due to presbyopia -- a cond...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips10 Simple Sight-Saving Tips
Take a look at 10 sight-saving tips to protect your vision and boost your eye health.
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?
Can Robots Improve Eye Surgery?