What are the restrictions after LASIK surgery?

Each surgeon has a different protocol.  Most surgeons would restrict any sort of swimming for at least a week.  Sleeping with eye protection for two weeks is common.  You must always avoid rubbing the eyes especially during the first month.  Using the appropriate eye protection according to the ANSI or other standard for atheletic and occupational needs should always be observed. Remember that a lasik flap can be dislodged years after surgery if trauma occurs.  Boxers and others with a high risk of being traumatized in the eye should consider avoiding lasik and consider one of the surface procedures such as photorefractive keratectomy or PRK.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Vision Loss and Depression: What's the Connection?
Vision loss can make it harder—even impossible—to do certain activities you enjoy or to perform routine tasks, such as driving. Fears of falling or ha...
Is It Normal to Have Vision Problems After Age 40?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Can 3D Printers Generate Eyes That Function Properly?