What causes pain on opening my eye when I wake up?

If you have had a previous injury to the involved eye, you may be suffering from a recurrent corneal erosion.  If your symptoms are mild, you could try an over-the-counter ophthalmic lubricating ointment at night to determine if this makes a difference.  If it does not help, or if your symptoms worsen, you should see your local ophthalmologist.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Sunglasses as Important as Sunscreen for Kids
Perhaps you’re quick to make sure your kids wear sunglasses when you hit the beach or the pool. But do you take the same precaution when they’re just ...
What is hemianopia?
Natalia S. Rost, MDNatalia S. Rost, MD
Hemianopia is defective vision or blindness in one side of the visual field in one or both eyes; may...
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health10 Things Your Vision Reveals About Your Health
Changes in your vision may be signs of other medical conditions.
What Is Diabetic Eye Disease?
What Is Diabetic Eye Disease?