What is lattice degeneration?

Lattice degeneration is a condition involving thinning of the retina with areas of vitreous traction overlying the areas of retinal thinning. Lattice is more common in the retinal periphery and in myopia or nearsightedness. Lattice degeneration can predispose you to retinal tears and retinal detachments.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

When to Get a Vision Screening
When to Get a Vision Screening
At certain points in your life, it's important to have your eyes examined by an eye care professional -- even if your eyes feel fine and there doesn't...
How can I treat my watery eyes?
Dr. Laura C. Fine, MDDr. Laura C. Fine, MD
Treatment for watery eyes depends on the cause. If dry eye syndrome (decline in tear production) is ...
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods.
How Have Advances in Molecular Biology Helped Eye Disease Treatments?