What happens during posterior capsulotomy?

A special laser is targeted at the back of the capsule and makes a small opening.
The technique is painless and only takes a few minutes. It is performed on an outpatient basis, often in your ophthalmologist’s office. Anesthesia, if necessary, is applied using eyedrops.
You should notice improved vision quickly, if there are no other problems with your eye. Unless your doctor advises otherwise, normal activities can usually be resumed immediately.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Sidelined by Pink Eye
Sidelined by Pink Eye
One of the more popular topics at this year’s Sochi Olympics had nothing to do with top athletes failing to medal or dropping out of competition -- it...
7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore
7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore
Keep your eyes healthy and watch out for these common vision problems. So much of what we experience, learn and enjoy in life we owe to the gift of si...
Where Is the Medical Community on the Treatment of Macular Degeneration?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?