What should I do if I scratched my eye while removing a contact lens?

First, it is not wise to wear a contact lens until your eye surface heals. Contact lenses may relieve the pain, but may also trap germs and risk infection. Placing a patch over the eye would probably help, but if you have minimal pain, I would do nothing. I you develop pain, increasing redness, discharge or decreased vision, you should consult an ophthalmologist.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes5 Best Foods for Your Eyes
Swap your carrots for these eye-friendly foods. By Patrick Sullivan Everyone knows carrots promote eye health. They’re a good source of beta-caroten...
Advances in Cataract Surgery and the Future of Eye Care
What Is Age-Related Macular Degeneration?
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?