What should I do if an object has penetrated my eye?

If an object has penetrated your eye, seek medical attention promptly. A penetrating injury to the eye constitutes a medical emergency.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
Preventing Sports-Related Eye Injuries
On February 18, 2009, the point guard for the Phoenix Suns, Amar′e Stoudemire, was poked in the eye by LA Clippers’ forward Al Thornton. The result? A...
Outdoor Activities May Up Your Risk for Vision Problems
From exercising outside for your physical health to getting a breath of fresh air for your mental health, you’ve heard all the benefits of the outdoor...
How can I treat my watery eyes?
Dr. Laura C. Fine, MDDr. Laura C. Fine, MD
Treatment for watery eyes depends on the cause. If dry eye syndrome (decline in tear production) is ...
What are the major causes of vision loss?
Dr. Louis B. Cantor, MDDr. Louis B. Cantor, MD
Both men and women may experience difficulties with night vision associated with aging. Often times ...