What is the risk of delaying surgery for macular pucker?

In some people, macular pucker causes a significant and progressive loss of vision. In these cases, the only treatment is surgery to remove the scar tissue.  

The risk of delaying surgery is related to the fact that the better the vision is before surgery, the better it is likely to be after surgery. In other words, if a person waits until the vision is very bad, the chance of good or very good vision after surgery is less.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
Make your day-to-day living easier with these home and lifestyle tips. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 14 mi...
7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore
7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore7 Vision Problems You Shouldn't Ignore
Keep your eyes healthy and watch out for these common vision problems. So much of what we experience, learn and enjoy in life we owe to the gift of si...
What Are the Symptoms of Macular Degeneration?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?
Why Do I Get Pink Eye a Lot?