What causes eyelash growth abnormalities?

Eyelash growth abnormalities are often caused by a genetic disorder. Different genes are affected depending on the condition. Genes that help the formation and structure of tissues can be affected. Eyelash growth can also become abnormal if other conditions cause the eyelid to become inflamed, infected, or scarred.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

3 Cool Ways to Revive Tired Eyes
3 Cool Ways to Revive Tired Eyes
Eyes can look swollen from allergies, too much partying, too much computer time, too much (or too little) sleep, or loose under-eye skin caused by her...
How do I manage my eyelash growth abnormality on a daily basis?
Treatment options for eyelash growth abnormalities will vary depending on the abnormality and the un...
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?Should You Take Supplements for Your Eyes?
When it comes to nourishing your vision, a good diet trumps dietary supplements–for most of us.
What Are the Symptoms of Macular Degeneration?