What could cause my eyes to change color?

Some eye drops can make the iris color darker.  There are conditions that can make one eye become lighter due to inflammation or pigment loss.  Conditions that will cause both eyes to become lighter would include conditions of the cornea that might give the appearance of lighter eyes but this would very unusual without other symptoms.  It is also possible that this is a condition that is glaucoma related called pigment dispersion where the irises lose pigment.  However, I would guess that this is likely to not be anything serious.  However, you certainly should see an Eye M.D. to be sure.

Continue Learning about Eye and Vision

Vision Loss and Depression: What's the Connection?
Vision loss can make it harder—even impossible—to do certain activities you enjoy or to perform routine tasks, such as driving. Fears of falling or ha...
7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision7 Ways to Live Better With Low Vision
Make your day-to-day living easier with these home and lifestyle tips. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about 14 mi...
Can Blindness Be Prevented?
Can Blindness Be Prevented?
What Recent Eye Health Developments Have Surprised You the Most?